DCA is committed to respecting human rights. Our motivation is deeply rooted in our core values. We promote a human rights-based approach to development and gender equality in our partnerships and work. In practice, this commitment means that DCA and partners further human rights and gender equality by addressing barriers to poverty and injustice in context.
We do this by:
- Supporting poor women and men to meaningfully and equally participate in decision-making processes, whether it be in their village, their district or at the national level
- Sensitising or engaging government authorities and other actors, including businesses on their obligations and responsibilities to the groups with whom we work
- Working to reduce inequalities, particularly gender inequalities, and addressing all kinds of discriminatory policies, norms and practices
- Building on the capacities of poor men and women and furthering their knowledge of human rights, access to networks and links to authorities and relevant private actors
- Using international human rights standards and mechanisms and facilitating access to justice and remedies
Our policies concerning Gender Equality and Right-Based Commitment are currently being revised. The original versions can be found below.