The action aimed to improve and strengthen:
(1) social cohesion through improved access to integrated basic service delivery,
(2) livelihoods and employment opportunities for Eritrean refugees and host communities,
(3) protection of Eritrean refugees and host communities in Afar, with a particular focus on vulnerable groups,
(4) capacities of local authorities and multi-stakeholder coordination platforms to cooperate in developing an integrated approach for refugees and host communities.
The expected results of the project includes:
(1) Improvement in access to integrated and sustainable water management, environmentally sustainable cooking and electricity facilities, and integrated education services (including for women) for host communities and Eritrean refugees.
(2) Improved livelihoods and employment opportunities and demand driven vocational and skill trainings for host communities and Eritrean refugees.
(3) Improved protection of vulnerable refugee and host communities through improved child protection and of SGBV prevention services.
(4) Inter-agency coordination platforms involving local authorities engaged in the management of refugee NGO, working in refugees established and capacity areas
DCA is grateful for its collaboration with:
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI), Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus Development and Social Services Commission, and African Humanitarian Action.