DanChurchAid (DCA) is one of the largest Danish NGOs present in Malawi since 1980, currently supporting development projects in Active Citizenship and Right to Food.
DCA Malawi with the support of the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) is looking for a motivated and talented staff to implement a 3 years project entitled:Young Women in Active Politics (YWAP)DCA is leading a consortium made of the Danish Institute for Parties and Democracy (DIPD), the Centre for Multiparty Democracy (CMD) and the Women’s Legal Resource Centre (WOLREC).
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide overall Financial management of the Project
- Provide overall Procurement support to the Project
- Prepare Financial and Procurement consolidated reporting to back-donors
- Facilitate coordination among consortium members on the Finance/Procurement related issues
- Offer technical support in Finance and Procurement to Partners’ staff.
- Make monitoring visits to Local Partners and organise capacity building sessions when needed
- Represent DCA in relevant meetings with the Project stakeholders regarding Finance/Procurement
Qualifications and experience
- Master degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position or Bachelor degree in similar disciplines with over 5 years’ experience in managing a similar project.
- Experience in financial management of Development Projects in a consortium of both international and local NGOs
- Proven experience of EU grants financial management and knowledge of EU grant management guideline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to organise the work independently, team player and confident in the role as facilitator with good communication and problem solving skills
The position is based in Lilongwe with frequent travels in Malawi.
How to apply?
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
Applicants must upload detailed CV and motivational letter, including contact information and 3 references no later than 7th January 2018 by pressing the Apply button below.
Information:Place: Lilongwe , Malawi
Deadline: 07/01 2018
Contact person: DCA Malawi at email@example.com or by telephone on 01 772 711