DanChurchAid (DCA) is one of the largest Danish NGOs present in Malawi since 1980, currently supporting development projects in Active Citizenship and Right to Food.
DCA Malawi with the support of the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) is looking for a motivated and talented staff to implement a 3 years project entitled:
Young Women in Active Politics (YWAP)
DCA is leading a consortium made of the Danish Institute for Parties and Democracy (DIPD), the Centre for Multiparty Democracy (CMD) and the Women’s Legal Resource Centre (WOLREC).
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide overall management of the Project
- Facilitate coordination among consortium members to ensure effective implementation of the Project
- Offer technical support to Project’s interventions such as partner programme meetings, capacity building and other crosscutting activities.
- Lead project monitoring, learning & evaluations and incorporate recommendations into the project implementation for effective delivery
- Represent DCA in relevant political and governance spaces including national Technical Working Groups.
Qualifications and experience
- Master degree in Political Science, Development or other social relevant discipline with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position or Bachelor degree in similar disciplines with over 4 years’ experience in managing a similar project in a similar context.
- Evidence of solid understanding of the Malawian political landscape with hands-on experience in working with young women in the political space.
- Good experience in engaging women and youths in politics and excellent networking skills
- Experience in managing a consortium of both international and local NGOs
- Proven knowledge of EU grants financial and technical guidelines
- Good knowledge of a rights-based approach to development and advocacy
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to organise the work independently, team player and confident in the role as facilitator with good communication and problem solving skills
The position is based in Lilongwe with frequent travels in Malawi.
How to apply?
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
Applicants must upload detailed CV and motivational letter, including contact information and 3 references no later than 7th January 2018 by pressing the Apply button below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. DCA may, due to lack of funding, and without charge or liability, cancel the procedure at any time.
Information:Place: Lilongwe , Malawi
Deadline: 07/01 2018
Contact person: DCA Malawi at email@example.com or by telephone on 01 772 711