AGILE IV focuses on scaling and markting the new ECOKasekor (Ecofarmer) app, www.ecokasekor.com, on improving accessibility and usability of vital farming data for 100,000 farmers in six targeted locations in Cambodia. Updates reflect farmer feedback on the interface and content, which now incorporates video tutorials developed by farmers for farmers. The project consolidates the ECOkasekor app as an Agroecology infoHub through innovative digital marketing strategies. By project end, farmers will have had the chance to access this holistic digital library and its multimedia learning resources.
Key features of the project include:
- Iterative design based on learning and adaptations from Phases 1, 2 & 3.
- Multimedia learning materials created by farmers for farmers using their smartphones.
- Responds to local farmers’ desire to learn and use new techniques such as crop protection, soil conservation, circular markets.
- Supports a farmer-to-farmer approach with experienced farmers producing video tutorials on key techniques.
- Digital marketing strategies and offline awareness events to promote and scale up the app.
The project’s overall objective is to increase smallholder farmers’ access to agroecological practices and agrometeorological information for improved sustainable livelihoods and resilience to climate change.
- Chivet neng Dey (CnD): video production and app promotion with farmers
- GRET and Media Seeds : video production and app promotion with farmers
About the project
Period: January 2021 – December 2021
Budget: 67,754.59 USD