When DanChurchAid was founded in 1922 it was to help people in need. To address the world’s problems no matter how hopeless the situation seemed.
That task remains intact till this day – a century later.
DanChurchAid works to save lives, build resilient communities, to fight extreme inequality, and to create engagement and action in Denmark.
2022 was a year that broke many records – good and bad. And DanChurchAid’s work is unfortunately as relevant now as it was 100 years ago.
- four million people reached directly – 30 million people indirectly
- collected income of DKK 981.6 million – 45% increase in five years
- Danida, EU, and the US are the biggest donors – bringing the income from institutional donors to DKK 785.6 million
- almost half of all funding went to Sub-Saharan Africa
- DKK 568.4 million spent on humanitarian work in a year of many simultaneous crises and distasters
For many more details about DanChurchAid’s work in 2022: